This workout can be completed at home or in the gym.
Equipment needed Free weights, Stability Ball, Step and Water. You can perform all these movements without weight or equipment with the exception of “bridge to leg curl on stability ball”. Each exercise has a youtube link for instructional information if needed.
Warm up with 10 burpees https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZgVxmf6jkA
Complete each exercise 10 times and repeat this circuit for 4 rounds.
1. Weighted Reverse Lunges on stepper https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-g5yPNYv2k
2. Weighted Deadlifts https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IiGk8g3e41w
3. Weighted Plie Squats https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJzrn0SaiTA go deep, don’t comprise weight for form and don’t forget to squeeze at the top.
4. Weight Lunges ( forward) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOVaHwm-Q6U
1. Squat Push Press https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3NdExA1Sy8 Instead of lifting the heel like the video, keep heels planted. Push up from all four corners of planted feet.
2. Skater Lunges with weight. No jumping. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUbAhVe0e8Q
3. One Legged Deadlift with weight (a dumbbell held with both hands or kettle bell)https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9bHy3ojQWA
4. Standing Legs lifts with or without weight https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLxf88HZ85Y Keep standing leg slightly bent to protect knee, keep the chest open and upright. No slouching!
5. Weighted Calf raises to burn out ( meaning do as many as you can without stopping)
Cool down with Stability ball
1. Bridge on Stability Ball (look at minute 3.07 on link provided, lift the hips as high as you can. Drive through your heels. Perform slowly with control https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okDgnZTnpcw
2. Bridge to leg curl on stability ball ( look at minute 4.33 on the link provided above, again drive through the heels, keep hips high and use control)
Yoga Cool down.
I recommend a hips and hamstring related yoga cool down. Tonight following this workout I did a feel 22 minute hips and hamstring yoga flow from Namaste Yoga on amazon prime. Season 3 episode 5.
Namaste Health does not endorse or share beliefs or ideals of the videos shown. Do not start a new workout regime until you are cleared to do so by your physican. I was not asked to link these youtube videos by any of the providers, neither did I receive any forms of payments or gifts. Any workouts shared with you are those I have created and done myself.
If you completed this workout and enjoyed it please let me know! Please subscribe to my blog here at namastewell. Follow my instagram account namastehealth._ for more health related information, exercises, diet ideas and yoga!
Thank you for reading and working out with me!